Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Feeling Fresh

Last night's dinner was one of the first recipes I made when I started my cooking journey. At first bite I wasn't hooked. But just a few weeks later I found myself craving it. And Josh told me it had been on his mind too, so we had it again. It is a great meal for summertime, with a really fresh flavor. I can't wait to have my leftovers for lunch! The pic below is from Martha Stewart, cause as delicious as this is, it just doesn't photograph that well. Or, I don't photograph it well, whatever.

Pasta with Chicken, Tomato, and Feta
Recipe from Everyday Food; Serves 4
Coarse salt and ground pepper
12 oz. ditalini, or other short tubular pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
1 lb. plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4" chunks (3 cups)
3 cups (12 oz.) shredded cooked rotisserie chicken (skin removed)
1 cup torn fresh basil leaves

  • In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain; rinse well under cold water.
  • Transfer to a large bowl; toss with oil, lemon juice, feta, tomatoes, chicken, and basil; season generously with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
My notes: My store's selection of pasta was woefully sparse, so I ended up with rigatoni and used less to account for the bigger size. 1 pound came out to about 5 tomatoes for me. I seeded 3 of them, and let the seeds be in the other 2. Just thought it might make the dish a little prettier, which it did.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails