Wednesday, July 11, 2007

If Music Be the Food of Love, Play On

Ooh, a little Shakespeare for ya there. Fancy, huh? Jane over at This Week For Dinner recently revived her Song of the Week feature and it made me realize that there is no better time than the present to share with you what I like to fill the kitchen air with, aside from delicious aromas.


















My all-time, number one favorite is Louis Prima & Keely Smith, particularly this album and especially disc two. I got this great compilation set for Christmas a few years ago and it has turned out to be on of my most valuable gifts. I mean, a two disc set with over 40 songs? Huzzah! There are some great standards on this album, and some great songs that have now become favorites after repeated listening. Sometimes it's hard to control the urge to drop everything I'm doing and just dance. And there are even two food related songs on disc two, making it especially appropriate for kitchen time listening. Check out the samples of Angelina and Banana Split For My Baby to see, I mean hear, what I'm talking about. Keep a look out for more posts about my favorite cooking tunage!

3 comments:

Mumsy said...

I love those Ultra Lounge collections. But, this is one I don't have! I must add it immediately.

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to get this collection! Thanks for the suggestion...it is awesome!

Thistlemoon said...

I absolutely adore Louis Prima! He is my all-time favorite! Zooma Zooma Angelina!

Oh, and I almost forgot in my Louis Prima revelry....Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Related Posts with Thumbnails