Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Bell Pepper Saute

Really it seems a bit of a cheek to post this recipe. I mean, it's hardly a recipe and hardly requires any effort. But then again, that's what makes it so great so I might as well share it, right? I was planning on making our favorite Baked Black Bean Flautas for dinner one night and needed a side dish to pair with it. However, I was tired of the same old rice that I usually serve with it. That's when I remembered this idea and it seemed like a good match. And it was, although you'll have to take just my word for it. Josh isn't a huge bell pepper fan, so I ate this all on my own. he had some chips & salsa with his flautas instead. Worked out great for me though because I took the leftover bell peppers the next day and made a couple of veggie tacos by putting them in corn tortillas and topping with Pepper Jack and salsa. Two meals with minimal effort!

Bell Pepper Saute
Recipe from Everyday Food; Serves 4














2 bell peppers, red, yellow, or both
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 small red onion, diced
Coarse salt and ground pepper

  • Remove seeds and ribs from peppers; cut lengthwise into strips and halve crosswise.
  • Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are just tender, about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails