Thursday, February 26, 2009

Easy Entertaining with Proscuitto-Wrapped Chicken

Yeah, yeah, yeah- I know. I'm still being lazy about posting. But it's not general laziness, I've just been far busier in other places than the kitchen. But I am very much looking forward to getting back to lots of cooking when I'm finally set up in my new kitchen at the house. In the meantime, here's a recipe I made back in January that I can share with you. Josh was a very busy guy during that month, and there were a lot of nights where I only had myself to cook for. Sometimes I wouldn't bother to go to the effort of making a meal, but I did take the opportunity to try out this "Cooking for One" recipe from Everyday Food one night. This recipe was so simple and fast, not to mention delicious, that I quickly realized how great it would be for entertaining. Just multiply your ingredients by the number of guests and you're ready to go.

Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breast
Recipe from Everyday Food; Serves 1
















1 teaspoons olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half
3 thin slices prosciutto
Lemon wedge, for serving

  • Heat broiler of toaster oven (or oven). Season chicken with salt and pepper; wrap with prosciutto. Place chicken, seam side down, on baking sheet; rub with remaining teaspoon oil.
  • Broil until chicken is opaque throughout, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with a lemon wedge.
My notes: The side dish was included in this recipe, green beans that you broil along side the chicken. Mine came out inedibly burned to a crisp. Hence the cropped photo and edited recipe. If you'd like to give the green beans a shot, Everyday Food tells you to toss about 4 oz. green beans, ends trimmed, with 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Just pop on one half of your baking sheet, opposite the chicken breast. And good luck, cause my chicken was perfect, but my green beans had a trash can burial.

2 comments:

whitneyingram said...

Yeah yeah, you lazy blogger- get back to work.

I am jealous you get to play house and set up your kitchen. I always love doing that when I move into a new place.

This chicken looks and sounds great. Prosciutto is one of my favorite things to cook with. It packs a punch.

Good luck setting up your kitchen. And for heaven's sake- BLOG MORE!

The Probert Family said...

I'm one of your blog fans (remember me from the "love triangle" valentine swap last year???). And I, too am missing your food blogging! Please, come back!! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails