Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Spaghetti Dinner

Oh my goodness! Things have been super hectic at work, so you'll have to forgive me for not coming round more often. In fact, fast and easy cooking hasn't been more helpful as it has the past week or two. I wanted to get this posted since it really helped me get dinner done and in my tummy in a hurry last night. Super simple, super fast, and best of all, super yummy! Pic here is courtesy of Martha. Definitely gonna keep this recipe in my back pocket.

Herbed Spaghetti
Recipe from Everyday Food; Serves 4
















Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/2 pound thin whole-wheat spaghetti
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, tarragon, and chives

  • In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
  • Stir in butter, lemon zest, juice, and herbs; season with salt and pepper. Add some of the reserved pasta water to adjust consistency, if needed. Serve.
My notes: I used parsley, and I forgot to keep any of my pasta water, so I just added a little extra butter. Mmmmm. Hopefully things will be slowing down soon, and I'll have more free time to devote to getting recipes up on here. :)

1 comment:

Deanna said...

How much do you love whole wheat pasta?

Related Posts with Thumbnails