Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No Energy Cooking

A couple weeks ago I had big plans for making a simple meal. I came across Elise's recipe for Huevos Rancheros and had added it to week's menu. I was going to make the salsa like her, and it was going to be grand. And someday I will. But I got home, beat down by a day of work and problematic sleep patterns. I couldn't have cared less about chopping an onion and smooshing tomatoes with my hands. But I still needed to eat and was hungry at that. So, I took the easy way out. Boy, am I glad I did too. Always so happy to have something that is meal-like without requiring a meal sized effort.

Fast & Easy Huevos Rancheros












Eggs
Corn Tortillas
Salsa

And that's pretty much all you need to know. You like your eggs scrambled? Go for it. Soft yolks? Have at it. I like my eggs cooked through and through, so that's what I made. Warmed corn tortillas, topped with egg, topped with salsa. Alter as you see fit. :)

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I didn't know what I was having for supper... Now I do! Thanks! I can even let my boys cook these. How fun!

jess said...

Hi Jessica...thanks for this great idea. I'm looking for easy things to make for dinner. I always like finding dairy-free recipes too because my son is allergic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails