Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oooh, Tomato Orzo

This dish turned out so pretty! I loved the bright color of the tomatoes and parsley. It also tasted great, even the next day, which is when Josh got to eat his helping thanks to late night rehearsals. This was also a really fast dish, which made dinner that night a pleasure. I choose this recipe as a side to some Caprese Sandwiches. No secret recipe there- just layer basil, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella on bread of your choice. I used a demi-baguette, a smaller loaf of french bread which turned out to be the perfect size. It would also be great on some ciabatta, I think. I made the sandwiches the night before and tucked them into the fridge, so dinner was a snap when I served this orzo dish on the side.

Tomato Orzo
Recipe from Everyday Food; Serves 4












1 cup orzo
2 plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

  • Set a large saucepan of salted water to boil. Cook orzo in boiling water until al dente. Drain well; return to pot. Add tomatoes, parsley, butter, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
My notes: Nothing really, everything came out great. I mean, this recipe is so easy it was hard for even me to mess it up. And I mess up a lot of things. This will be a great recipe to use through the summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! I might have to grow some parsley just so I can make this!! Thanks for the great recipe.

kickpleat said...

that looks so nice and simple! i've got orzo in my cupboard and always forget about it. yum!

Anonymous said...

This does look wonderful! Your picture really did it justice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails