Thursday, January 17, 2008

Think Happy Thoughts

Well after Tuesday night I was a little worried about getting back in the kitchen. Luckily my worries were unfounded and I had a very successful night of cooking. I made this 3-Ingredient Fettuccine Alfredo, which has been on my to-cook list for quite awhile. Pretty much since I started my to-cook list, ha. And it's really kind of sad that it took me so long to get around to making one of Josh's favorite meals. This is the perfect fettuccine alfredo recipe for a weeknight dinner, so now that I've gotten around to making it I will definitely get around to it again and again. I also whipped up some sweets last night, but I'll write more about that later.

3-Ingredient Fettuccine Alfredo
Recipe from Everyday Food; Serves 4












2 sticks butter
1/2 lb. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Salt
1 lb. fettuccine

  • Using an electric mixer, beat butter and Parmesan until creamy.
  • In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine according to package instructions until al dente, about 12 minutes. Reserve about 1/2 cup of cooking water; drain pasta.
  • Return fettuccine to warm pot. Toss pasta with 1/2 teaspoon salt, cheese mixture, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add more pasta water, as needed. Serve with additional cheese.
My notes: I didn't use any more than the initial 1/4 cup pasta water. This was delicious, but I may have used a little more cheese than I needed, because this stuff was like glue once it cooled. But, since I've never made it before, maybe this is just what happens when it cools and I'm just out of the loop.

1 comment:

Mumsy said...

I'm glad to see you tried this recipe. I've looked at it several times--I think I have the original issue it was published in...anyway, I was curious how it turned out. I think it sounds like something my two little kids would go nuts over. (And me, too.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails