Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Light and Easy

For last night's dinner I went with something simple and light- wheat pancakes with fruit salad. I followed Jane's pancake recipe and they turned out delicious. These were so good that I ate them just as they are. No syrup, no butter, no sugar- just slightly sweet pancakey goodness. The fruit salad was just something I sort of tossed together. I used 1 green apple, half a pear, a handful of cherries, 1 kiwi, a handful of strawberries, 1 drained can of mandarin oranges, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of sugar and some lime juice. Chop everything into bite sized pieces, except for the oranges, and toss together. I let it chill in the fridge while I made the pancakes.

Wheat Pancakes
Recipe from This Week For Dinner
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla

  • Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Mix wet and dry together- not too much, you want lumpy batter. Cook on medium heat until bubbles are bursting and edges look partially dry. Flip and cook until done.
My notes: Jane's recipe calls for whole wheat flour, I used white whole wheat. White whole wheat still has the whole grains, but is lighter than regular whole wheat. Next time around I'm going to try them with all white whole wheat, and we'll see how that goes.

4 comments:

kelly said...

i love breakfast for dinner.

Steph said...

I want some!

Jenny said...

Mom my is constantly raving about the white wheat flour. I've never tried it though. Your salad looks beautiful! (I know that may sound dumb, but seriously. It was my first thought.)

marta said...

ooh lovely, sounds delisch.

Related Posts with Thumbnails