Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Penne with Spinach and Roasted Veggies

This blog is really starting to live up to it's name these days. Small time and simple is the name of my meal game most of the time. Last night I needed something for dinner, and I knew it needed to be veggie based. I'd had three servings of fruit that day, but not one bite of a vegetable. I usually make a salad each for Josh and I on weekdays to take to work for lunch. I stayed home yesterday though, so my share of the veggies I usually top our salads with was up for grabs. I also have several half-empty boxes pasta in the pantry. So, I grabbed some penne, my veggies, a little butter and parmesan, and got to work. This was really delicious. Next time I'll probably go without the butter and give everything a hearty squeeze of lemon juice instead. There isn't really a whole lot of instruction to give- I tossed broccoli florets, small red and yellow pepper strips, half-rings of red onion, and a clove of garlic with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted them for about 12 minutes at 425 degrees. I boiled my penne, and after draining I tossed it with some butter and a handful of spinach, to get it just a teeny bit wilty. Add the veggies, smash and add the roasted garlic clove, then toss and top with some shredded parmesan. Delicious!

Penne with Spinach and Roasted Veggies
Penne with Spinach and Roasted Veggies

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails