Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Fried Egg with Mushrooms and Spinach

This blog has literally become on of my last priorities. I'm not proud of that, but I can't deny it's a fact. I'm still cooking, not as much new recipes as tried-and-true, but definitely still cooking. The time it seems to take to make sure I get a good photo and then get that photo uploaded and edited, and then the time to actually write the blog post- that is a lot of time that I just haven't been making room for. I'll try to do better, but things will only get busier from here on out. Sigh, such is life I suppose. Busy, slow, busy, slow- always things to juggle. Anyway, here is a dinner I made a few weeks ago. The recipe came from Tracy at Shutterbean. It was a nice dinner, good for Spring. I served it with some roasted asparagus.

Fried Egg with Mushrooms and Spinach
Recipe from Shutterbean; Serves 2















1 10 oz. container white mushrooms, sliced
6 oz. baby spinach
2 eggs
2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
Balsamic vinegar

  • Saute the mushrooms in a bit of butter until they're browned to your liking. If you like you can add a bit of balsamic vinegar for flavor.
  • When you feel the mushrooms are nearly done, add in the spinach and toss until it gets nice and wilty and the mushrooms are browned.
  • Fry your eggs to your liking; once done place the mushrooms and spinach on your toast and top with the egg.
My notes: Tracy had a divine thick, aged balsamic vinegar. I just had my boring, unfancy vinegar so I just used a little in with the mushrooms and spinach; she used some in the pan and drizzled some over her finished product as well. You could also add some cheese, if you were so inclined. Maybe a little Parmesan would be nice.

1 comment:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

This looks delicious! I might try it tonight!

Kelly

Related Posts with Thumbnails