Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fettuccine with Mustard Greens

Again guys, sorry about the longer time between posts. I've been trying to make sure I get something up at the start of the week, but I seemed incapable of remembering to upload my recipe pics. Finally accomplished that last night so I can share something new! Here's another recipe that had been on my to-cook list for quite some time. I found the recipe on Everybody Likes Sandwiches, and she got it from the long gone and sorely missed Poco-Cocoa blog *EDIT*: I'm a super dummy and just found out that Crystal started blogging again, and not that long after she had actually stopped. At least I know now and can pillage through her recipes once again!* It seemed like a really nice simple recipe for a weeknight (which it was), and an opportunity to cook with a new-to-me ingredient, mustard greens. So, it made the jump from "to-cook" to "eaten" status. I served it with a salad and some roasted carrots.

Fettuccine with Mustard Greens
Recipe from Everybody Likes Sandwiches; Serves 4














250g fettuccine
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 lb mustard greens, washed & trimmed
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
pepper

  • Prepare pasta according to package directions. Make sure to salt the water because that's the only salt you'll find in this recipe.
  • In a large skillet, heat up olive oil and butter. Add garlic and saute until fragrant and slightly golden. Add mustard greens, tearing them into bite sized pieces. Saute until bright green. Add drained pasta to skillet along with the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and a few grinds of fresh pepper. Toss and serve with remaining Parmesan cheese.
My notes: I wanted to use whole wheat pasta and there wasn't any whole wheat fettuccine at the store when doing my shopping, so I grabbed some linguine instead. And as you can tell, I may have added a little more cheese than was called for on top. ;) Fresh Parmesan, can you blame me?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails