Monday, October 19, 2009

The Incredible Shrinking Grocery Budget- 2nd Week

This week, once you take into account the body wash, wrist brace, and salad & sushi we grabbed for lunch, we only spent $50.87. This week's menu is built around leftover ingredients from the previous week's meals. I will use up the rest of the tortillas and cheese from our Spinach Quesadillas by making Zucchini Quesadillas this time. And I'll be trying out a new recipe to use up the rest of the spaghetti sauce that I originally bought for the Meatballs & Spaghetti dinner. The rest of the week's meals were decided on what I had in the pantry. I also took advantage of a couple of sales this week to stock up on some things. I bought 3 cans of tomato soup for $1.80, a favorite of mine and also an ingredient in my beef stew which I will no doubt be making soon as the weather turns cooler. And we bought nearly 2 dozen BIG apples, which were on sale for .99 cents a pound. Now we won't have to buy any apples next week! Salad ingredients, fruit, and pantry staples fill out the rest of the grocery purchases. So, between what we already had and this week's purchases we'll be having the following this week:

-Hamburgers w/ chili-roasted sweet potato wedges and salad (carry-over from last week)
-Zucchini quesadillas w/ black bean soup and salad
-Broccoli & cheese stuffed manicotti and salad
-Minestrone and salad
-Frozen pizza (very busy day prepping for baby shower this weekend)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails