Thursday, June 25, 2009

No Heat Week Part 2- Greek Salad

Another thing I relied on during our week without air conditioning was healthy prepared or ready to eat items from the grocery store. One night I paired store-bought roasted red pepper hummus, marinated olives, and whole wheat pitas with some fresh, summery crudites and a Greek salad I threw together. Not a smidge of "cooking" involved in this meal, but plenty of flavor all the same.

Fast Greek Salad
Recipe adapted from Everyday Food














2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chunked
1 small cucumber, seeded and chunked
1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
1/4-1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
coarse salt and ground pepper

  • Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion and parsley in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Toss vegetables with dressing and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

3 comments:

Joslyn said...

oh this looks great i love greek salad!

Jennifer M. said...

Looks so yummy! Please keep posting no-heat week recipes (I can veganize them pretty easily, I think). I'm trying to use my oven as little as possible this summer. Even at 350, it sets our whole house on fire - hot, hot, hot.
=)

Jennifer M. said...

I just learned how to make pitas! They are surprisingly simple, but they take a while to let rise and such. I'm making a big batch right now to snack on over the weekend. Yay, pitas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails