Thursday, March 06, 2008

Tortellini with Peas, Please!

I made this quick and fast recipe last week. Really yummy, this is another recipe that I'd seen and had been floating around in my head, waiting for the day it would land on the menu. This is going to be a great recipe to add to the repertoire, because it truly is one of the easiest. Yum! It would be so easy to have the handful of ingredients in your kitchen at all times, leaving you with a super speedy meal when you just don't know what to make. It's also so fast to throw together it would make a good meal for last minute entertaining. In fact, with a main dish as easy as this, you could spend a little time on a great dessert and impress your guests with how quickly you brought dinner together in a crunch.

Tortellini with Peas
Recipe from Everyday Food; Serves 4












Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 1/2 lb. frozen cheese tortellini
1 10 oz. package frozen peas
2 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove, smashed
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving

  • In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini about 2 minutes less than package instructions. Add peas; cook until pasta is al dente and peas are tender, 2 minutes more. Reserving 1 cup pasta water, drain. Set aside pasta and peas.
  • Melt butter in pasta pot over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Discard garlic.
  • To pasta pot, add pasta and peas, Parmesan, and 3/4 cup reserved pasta water; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Add more pasta water, if necessary, to thin sauce. Serve, topped with additional Parmesan if desired.
My notes: Now see, how easy is that? Especially because frozen pasta takes no time at all to cook. My frozen tortellini took all of 3 minutes. This could also be delicious with a full-blown alfredo sauce, but I guess that would really push the calorie count up, ha.

2 comments:

phasejumper said...

Looks great! I am posting a similar recipe on my blog on Friday and I was wondering if I could use your picture. (Mine is tuna tortellini and your picture is the closest I could find...my family scarfed the food down before I could get a pic.) I would link to your blog by saying "picture found here". I just wanted to ask your permission first. Thanks.

Jessica said...

You can use the pic as long as you link back. Thanks for asking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails