Monday, February 25, 2008

Skillet Potato Salad

After we had that Warm Spinach Salad I kept thinking about the flavor of the potatoes with the dressing. It was haunting my taste buds and just had to be re-visited. So last week I made a little something I've dubbed Skillet Potato Salad. I'll probably continue to tweak it, as I'd like it to be more colorful, but it was perfectly delicious just as it is.

Skillet Potato Salad
Adapted from Everyday Food Recipe; Serves 2-4 depending












2 baking potatoes (about 1 lb.), scrubbed and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Coarse salt and ground black pepper
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 shallot, minced
Parmesan cheese, grated

  • Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until potatoes are tender and browned, 12 to 14 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the other tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and shallot. Season with salt and pepper. Finely grate Parmesan cheese into dressing to taste (follow your personal preference here).
  • When potatoes are done cooking, add to bowl and toss with dressing. Serve.
My notes: We had these potatoes with tuna salad pitas. I'll write about the delicious tuna salad another time. I think these potatoes would be good for a brunch too, something a bit different from regular skillet potatoes or hash browns.

1 comment:

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

Mmm that looks yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails