Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Futile Recipe Search

So, I promised that Orange-Cranberry Muffins would be coming soon. The problem is I completely forget to do it while at home, where the recipe is. And despite the fact that I got that recipe from the internets, when I search for it here at work I come across no recipes matching what I made. And of course I wasn't clever enough to make a note of where I discovered the recipe. Sigh. If I could just remember to type the damn recipe up when I'm at home they'd be posted already. I even have pics people! So, despite the fact that I have that and another item to post (specifically for a blog event) I haven't put anything up on here in over a week. But, hopefully tonight I will be able to get that recipe up. And I'll finish up that blog event entry. And tonight I'll be making another blog event recipe, so I'll get that one up by the end of next week too. I'm going out of town tomorrow, and won't be back till Sunday, so there probably won't be any interesting cooking or baking adventures over this weekend.

I can tell you about the dinner I made Saturday night though. We had our friends over for a pre-Valentine's dinner. I went with some standby recipes, like Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon, and Roasted Zucchini with Thyme. I also made Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes for the first time. I was going to make the ones from Barefoot Contessa At Home, but then there was the whole potato peeling problem. I am TERRIBLE at peeling potatoes. They just go flying right out of my hands and into the trash. I wasn't crazy about using the Martha Stewart recipe because, truth be told, everything else I made was from Martha Stewart. But these taters didn't require peeling, and I only needed a handheld masher. So I went for it, despite the fact I had to buy said masher just for it. I'm glad I did though, cause these potatoes will definitely be making repeat appearances at my dinner table. And of course I didn't take a pic, mostly cause we were hungry. So this pic is courtesy of Martha Stewart, just like the recipe.

Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Recipe from Everyday Food; Serves 4




1 1/2 lbs. new potatoes, scrubbed
Coarse salt & ground pepper
3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons butter



  • Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are easily pierced witha knife, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
  • Add buttermilk, sour cream, and butter; mash with a potato masher until creamy. Season generously with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 7.3 grams fat; 5.1 grams protein; 29.8 grams carbohydrates; 2.9 grams fiber

And just because the few of you who bother to read this have been patient with my laziness, here's a muffin teaser.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails