I'm not gonna bother to do another "I'm back" post here. These days I just have to come and go as I please, and the going is lasting longer and longer. I'm cooking, I just don't have the time and energy to photograph, edit the photos, and write the blog posts.
However, I figured I had an important duty to my fellow Fort Worth friends. In just 9 short days our very first, very own Trader Joe's will be opening. As a long time food blog reader I have long been envious when I would see them using fantastic TJ products that I just couldn't get my hands on. I would read wonderful reviews of frozen goodies, cookies, marinades, and sauces, and all I could do was longingly sigh. Well, soon we sigh no more fellow Cowtown residents!
The past few weeks I've been spending some of my excessive online time looking around for Trader Joe's product recommendations. I thought I'd share some of what I've discovered here so we're not all blindly wandering into our new TJ's without at least a few items to keep our peepers peeled for.
First off, here are a couple of great lists of favorite Trader Joe products from a few trusted food bloggers:
- Jane at This Week For Dinner's Trader Joe's Shopping List
- Tracy at Shutterbean's Favorite Trader Joe's Pantry Items and 30 days of Trader Joe's
- Alice Q. Foodie's Trader Joe's Favorites
- And a list of favored products from Trader Joe's themself- Favorite Products of 2010 and 2011
- Frozen breaded eggplant patties
- Packaged pre-cut Kale
- Frozen Indian meals for Josh
- Greek olive goat cheese
- Frozen croissants and chocolate croissants
- Jalapeno hummus
- "Two Buck Chuck" (Note: I think it's more like three bucks these days, ha)
- Falafel Chips
- Heat & eat falafel
- Soy chorizo
- Vegetable pakoras
- Dark chocolate covered peanut butter wafers
- Frozen potato pancakes
- Soyaki marinade
- Frozen mandarin orange chicken
- Toilet paper
I'll see you guys in aisles soon!