Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tuna and White Bean Lettuce Wraps

I have long been enamored with the combo of white beans and tuna, but had yet to actually try it. I would stare at photos and recipes that I came across in magazines or other food blogs. I would tell myself, "You really gotta try that soon." Finally, one day, I listened to the thoughts in my head and I got in the kitchen. I followed Tracy's recipe over on Shutterbean, which is an adjusted Sunset magazine recipe. She served hers on some toasted bread. I had some lettuce, fresh from the pop-in-law's garden, so I decided to do some little wraps for our weekend lunch. This recipe was quick to put together and tasted crisp and bright. I love finding new ways to serve canned tuna, which is one of my favorite pantry staples. Makes you wonder why it took me so long to try, doesn't it?

Tuna & White Bean Lettuce Wraps
Recipe from Shutterbean
Tuna and White Bean Salad
1 can tuna in olive oil, drained
2 ribs celery sliced thinly
1 14 oz. can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 big glug olive oil
1/4 of a red onion, chopped
Splash of red wine vinegar
Juice from half a lemon
Salt & pepper to taste

  • All you gotta do is put everything in a bowl and mix it up right good.
My notes: I think I could have been a little heavier handed with the vinegar and lemon juice, but overall it came out great!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails