Monday, June 15, 2009

Pot Sticker Dinner

After getting a bag full of sugar snap peas from my pop-in-law's garden I was thinking about what I'd like to use them for when I remembered a recipe I had torn our of an issue of Real Simple. I decided this would be a good time to give it a shot, but ended up using the recipe as more of a jumping-off point for putting together something more my own. Real Simple's recipe called for several ingredients I didn't have on hand, so I just worked with what I had and really enjoyed the outcome.

Pot Sticker Dinner
Adapted from Real Simple; Serves 2
















6 frozen pot stickers (I used chicken)
2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 red bell pepper, in strips
2 servings of brown rice
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
Fresh ginger, peeled and grated

  • Prepare rice per package instructions.
  • Meanwhile fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket (or fill a large skillet with 1/2 inch of water). Bring the water to a boil. Place the pot stickers in the basket (or skillet), cover, and steam for 4 minutes.
  • Add the snap peas, carrots, bell pepper, and broccoli cover, and steam until the pot stickers are cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
  • In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and fresh ginger to taste. Toss the pot stickers and vegetables with the sauce. Divide the brown rice among bowls/plates and top with the pot stickers and vegetables.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails