Thursday, February 28, 2008

Best Guacamole Ever

Okay, I don't usually make grandiose statements like the one above. But by now I hope you can trust that I wouldn't mislead you. And I feel pretty secure in the truth of the title of this post. One of my great tastebud pleasures is guacamole, and this recipe comes from my favorite guacamole purveyor, Chipotle. Yes, I said Chipotle. No, not some fancy authentic Mexican restaurant, nor some shack in the Yucatan. I heart lots of guacamole, but my favorite comes from the local fast food burrito bar. So, when I wanted to make guacamole I wanted to know that I was going to love it. I searched the interwebs for the Chipotle recipe, and I found it. And to my great pleasure, it's just as good as the stuff I get with my burrito bowl. So, if you have any faith in me, give it a shot. I really don't think you'll regret it.

Guacamole
Recipe from Chipotle Mexican Grill; Makes appx. 1 cup




















1 large ripe Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 serrano chili, seeded,chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt

  • In a bowl, mash avocado with fork (or potato masher, like me). Add lime juice and mix. Add all other ingredients and blend well. Serve with tortilla chips. If preparing in advance at all, be sure to place plastic wrap directly on surface of guacamole to help prevent discoloration, and store in refrigerator.
My notes: Confession time- when I made it Monday night I totally forgot the garlic. Result? Still totally delicious. Josh and I ate it all that night, despite that we were practically out of chips. We scooped with tiny shards of tortilla to try and not waste any of it. Make sure you've got plenty of chips when you make it (unlike yours truly), because you won't want to waste any of it either. Also, be sure you don't accidentally throw away your one lonely serrano when you get home and unload the groceries. Not that I'm speaking from previous experience or anything. But they are so small, and can easily wander off.

5 comments:

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

I love how the guacamole is such a vibrant green! Ive gotta try this recipe some time because Ive yet to find a reliable guacamole recipe.

Steph said...

You ARE speaking from experience! Didn't we throw the serrano away that time we made it for the boys? I'm envisioning the two of us scrounging through the trash in the kitchen --- is that a dream? Am I making that up?

kelly said...

yum yum yum! i can't wait to try it. we LOVE guac. especially my little ones, they will dig their little fingers in & just eat eat eat

Mumsy said...

Oh...you didn't...I love guac. And I'm so happy that I have everything to make that except CHIPS!

Anonymous said...

Their guacamole sure is hella good. I got to tour the local distribution center for Chipotle since we sell to them. The avacados come fresh from Mexico and they looked delicious. I might have to try it out!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails