Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dinner Rerun

Another reason there haven't been as many posts is that I've been doing a lot of repeat recipes. Monday night I made one of my more common repeat recipes, Penne with Zucchini and Feta. It's such an easy dinner to make, coming together really quickly with minimal prep work. Definitely a Monday kind of meal. I originally got the recipe from poco-cocoa, which has unfortunately been laid to rest. I wish I had had the time to print off all her recipes before that happened. Oh well. This is a dish that she got from Cooking Light, but with her adjustments. I don't have a picture for two reasons- It's one of those meals that really doesn't photograph that well, and I was so hungry I didn't even think about taking a picture. I just wanted to dive right in! Obviously it's not peak zucchini time right now, but it's one of my favorite veggies to work with so as long as I can find decent ones in the store I'm going to keep cooking with them.

Penne with Zucchini & Feta
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light; Serves 4 (although we ate it all Monday night, ha)

8 ounces uncooked penne
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise an sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup (about 2 1/2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese

  • Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
  • Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oregano, zucchini, and garlic; saute 3 minutes. Stir in broth, rind, juice, and pepper. Add drained pasta and cheese; toss well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. I am very impressed with the quality of your posts and to that end, I’d like to invite you to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails