Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Simple Salad

I was going to make something else for dinner last night, but as my chicken was still mostly frozen I decided to do some menu shuffling. This is something I just sort of threw together, not taking too much thought or effort. I guess that makes it a great summer salad, since the heat around here can often fry any brain waves by noon. It's not even really hot here yet, but work can have the same effect on me. :)

Spinach & Cheese Tortellini Salad
Recipe by me; Serves 2.5
1 small package Buitoni Spinach & Cheese Tortellini
1 bag Dole Field Greens prepared salad
1 roma tomato
1 yellow bell pepper
1/4 large cucumber
1 celery stalk
Kraft Roasted Red Pepper & Parmesan Dressing
Parmesan Cheese, if desired.

  • Prepare tortellini according to package instructions. While tortellini are cooking chop your vegetables to your desired size.
  • Drain tortellini; toss with small amount of dressing. Put chopped vegetables and pasta in refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool/chill.
  • Plate salad mix, top with veggies, then pasta. Top with dressing, as you like. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if you are so inclined.
My notes: We each had a good sized salad, as you might be able to tell from the above picture. There was approximately a half portion of salad and pasta leftover, which will be great for lunch today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails