Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Feedback

I've been looking for ideas for a potato dish to take to Easter dinner at the mom-in-law's house this weekend. I got some good suggestions over at This Week For Dinner..., but still hadn't come across quite what I was looking for. I had a Scalloped Potato recipe, but I wasn't 100% keen on it. Anyway, I've taken that recipe and made a few changes to try and come up with something more to my liking. Let me know if it sounds good, if the measurements seem okay, stuff like that. I'd certainly appreciate it!

Potato & Broccoli Bake
Serves 8

2 lbs. (appx. 4 medium) Russet Potatoes, well scrubbed, sliced 1/8" thick
2 10. oz. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 large onion, diced
1 1/2 cups Gruyere cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
2-3 cups half-and-half
Coarse salt & ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Mix together broccoli and onion. Mix together shredded cheeses.

Layer bottom of dish with 1/3 of the potatoes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer on 1/2 cup of cheese mixture, 1/2 of the broccoli mixture, and then another 1/2 cup of the cheeses. Repeat the layers. Top with last remaining 1/3 of potatoes, pour half-and-half over dish, top with 1/2 of the remaining cheese and dot with butter.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake for one hour. After the hour, remove from oven, remove foil, and top with rest of the cheese. Return to oven for an addititional 30-40 minutes. When done, the potatoes should be tender, but not mushy, and the liquid should be mostly absorbed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails