Monday, March 19, 2007

She's Choppin' Broccoli....

Well, actually that's not true at all, but for some reason I got that little SNL ditty stuck in my head while making tonight's dinner- Beef & Broccoli. Now I'm sure there are some pretty fancy ways of fixing this meal, but mine is all too simple- brown rice, beef tips, broccoli, and teriyaki sauce. For 2 servings I marinate about 3/4 lb. of beef tips in some teriyaki sauce, usually overnight, although I didn't actually put the sauce on till this morning this time. I make 2 servings of Minute Brown Rice, which is comprised of 1 cup of water and 1 cup of rice, duh. While the rice is doing it's thing I cook the beef tips in a skillet, and once they are mostly cooked through I add frozen broccoli florets. I just eyeball those, as we like broccoli. I may or may not add a little more teriyaki, depends on how much I used to marinate the meat. Cook until the florets are heated through, divide the rice between 2 plates, top with beef and broccoli mixture, and you're done. Josh and I both usually add a little drizzle of teriyaki and some soy sauce. A really fast, easy meal that we both enjoy. And fast meals are going to come in handy now that Dancing With The Stars is back.

1 comment:

kelly said...

fun blog! I love anything that can give me a new idea for dinner. This beef and broccoli sounds easy enough, I'll probably actually try. Keep up the good work, I'll have to check back soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails